Tuesday 22 October 2013

Megan's, Kings Rd


After what was hands down the most confusing, frustrating parking experience I have ever been party to, so much so I can't even attempt to explain it; myself and my effortlessly but unintentionally witty dining companion made it into Megan's.

She'd been raving about it for ages and I finally understand why. We had the pleasure of eating in the garden, which for a Unicorn loving, fairytale believer like myself was magical. My iPhone flash photos unfortunately do no justice to either the venue or the food so don't take them as gospel. 

For the King's Rd, it is surprisingly unpretentious, laid back dining. The menu was straight forward, choose a main, choose a sauce and it comes served on chopping board with fries and salad, that's after the complimentary basket of warm toasted garlic bread served with balsamic vinegar that made your taste buds feel like they were being massaged. 

The service was lovely, really low key and chilled, but we didn't go without anything and the food, just like Mama made. You know that food that your mum or grandma makes that makes you wanna over eat and then lick your fingers when you're done? It was like that. Seabass cooked to perfection with a salsa verde that if I hadn't finished my allocation of garlic bread I would happily have dipped it in it. Skinny fries and salad on the side. Perfect meal for an outdoor, winter garden, can't go wrong with dinner by fairy light. It almost felt like being on holiday. 


Until we left that is and had the longest 30 second walk back to the car with baited breath not knowing if it would be there or not. Joy of joys it was there!! Perfect end to a perfect evening. Megan's will be seeing me again in the not to distant future, either by Bus or after 8 though, I really don't understand the parking round there.


PR Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you been? Would you go?