Thursday 17 April 2014

Dum Dum Doughnuts, Shoreditch



Stumbled upon Dum Dum's Doughnuts today and made my worst mistake of the year so far, by only buying ONE!!  I've passed Dum Dum's twice this week and each time it has had a Sold Out sign in the window... For good reason!!


My Almond crème with fondant and fresh pistachio Doughnut, (actually a Croissant/Doughnut hybrid) was by far THE MOST amazing thing I have eaten this year! Have I said that before? If I have I take it back because I hadn't eaten this as yet.

It was the lightest of all the Crodough/Cronut type delicious things that i've eaten and by far the tastiest. (Sorry to everyone else, it's not that yours weren't good because I loved them whilst I was eating them, it's just that for me these are better).

The pastry/dough was reminiscent of a Palmier on the outside and that inner layer of puff pastry on the inside. The almond cream was soooooooo goooooood!! Not too sweet, not too heavy, not too almondy, not too much. And then it had crushed pistachios and sugar on top. And they're baked!! Seriously?!! Why on EARTH DID I ONLY BUY ONE?!!

It had the perfect balance of cream and pastry, quite Mille Feuille like as a point of reference, but oh soo much better!

You really do have to eat it to believe it. I went to Dum Dum's at Box Park, Shoreditch.

www.dumdums.co.uk

PR Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you been? Would you go?