Tuesday 17 September 2013

Pizza Express, Clapham Junction

Decided to give the Pizza Express gluten free menu a try. I'm not a huge fan of wheat/gluten free options as 80% of the time they don't live up to expectation, (yes, they're wheat/gluten free, which my intolerant digestive system is glad of, but you can usually taste that they are lacking). I do love me some pizza though and Pizza Express are finally up to speed, so Polla ad Astra here I come. 


When I get there however the thought of a crunchy rather than crispy, undoughy pizza base seems extremely unappealing. 


And I opt instead for 2 starters, the first of which is Risotto Pollo Funghi - creamy white wine risotto with chicken, pesto, chestnut mushroom, pine kernels, parsley and garlic, finished with rocket, gran moravia cheese and pesto. Drool!! Creamy, melt in the mouth deliciousness, which if i'm honest wasn't enough. 

 

Followed by Polpette Bolognese, beef meatballs in a spicy ragu sauce, finger licking good, a little disappointing that there were no gluten free breadsticks or doughballs to soak up the sauce but extremely moreish nonetheless.

I guess i'll have to go back another time for crispy gluten free pizza, or not.

PR Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you been? Would you go?