Monday 19 August 2013

Feast, Battersea Park


For me the lack of Sweet Treats is the thing that sticks in my mind the most. My sweet tooth was not satisfied. Even the dreaded Churros were absent and they're usually EVERYWHERE. 
(I don't like them, but I think I must be the only person judging by the queues.)



I did pop my 'liquid nitrogen ice cream' cherry, with my very own combo of caramel and crunchy popcorn. Lighter, smoother and creamier than normal ice cream the combo was yummy, but I believe the experience is more in the watching of your ice cream being made in 2/3 minutes than the actual taste. I have been told that I need to visit Chin Laboratories in Camden for flavour combinations to blow my mind... So watch this space.


My younger cousin had a Buffalo burger which I neither tasted (I can't eat animals from the 'Safari' category) nor got a photo of (I wandered off to get Pimms whilst she queued and when I returned she'd finished)... Apparently it was delicious; tastier and less chewy than beef was the description she gave. Take what you will from that. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I thoroughly can't believe she ate a Safari animal.


Ever heard of Lychee Tempura? No. Me neither. But I like Lychee's and I like Tempura so I thought i'd give it a try. The Lychee seed is replaced with minced prawn and then the whole thing is battered, deep fried and served with sweet chilli sauce. Not awful, but definitely an acquired taste. I washed it down with some Chicken satay skewers. 


The sundried tomato topped bruschetta literally danced on your taste buds. Sometimes the simplest things are the most delicious.


My Arancini Risotto balls were the worst buy of the day. Quite dry and just the slightest hint of a mint flavour but not much else.


Full. Full. Oh so full, but no foodie fest would be complete without a jelly coconut to end the day, especially one where half the coconut water is replaced with white rum.

Full to the absolute brim of the brim. So it's off to the Parentals for Sunday dinner :-)

And the rest...

 A very light coloured Pimms, but just as delicious.

 Curried mutton, rice and peas, coleslaw, plantain. Ok, but not as good as my Mum's ;-)

The Homemade Lemonade cocktails were tastebud squeezers.

BBQ Lamb Salad

Will definitely be going to the next Taste, Feast etc... And will be wearing stretchy pants next time, skinny jeans were not a well thought out clothing choice.


PR Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe I missed this again! Love your log btw :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have you been? Would you go?