Monday 10 February 2014

Bamboula, Brixton


A Caribbean lunch for £7 including drinks, you can't really go wrong can you? Or can you...? I jest. Bamboula in Brixton served up a pretty decent lunch. I've actually been here before, it was almost a million years ago though and I think it was better then.


My Stew Chicken with Callaloo Rice and Plaintain was nice enough, I could've used a bit more salt in my rice but that's just me. My dining partner was happy with his rice, even more so when he was given an extra helping. He had the Jerk Chicken, which judging by the rate at which he devoured it, was pretty good. 

I can't eat Jerk Chicken from restaurants, it just doesn't hit the spot for me. I need the authenticity of the oil drum and the roadside in order to enjoy Jerk Chicken. Just me...? Lol... Probably.

For a quick Caribbean lunch I can't fault Bamboula, but I've definitely had better.

PR Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you been? Would you go?