Friday 22 November 2013

Poulet Rouge, Balham


After deciding against Daddy/Daughter morning in Starbucks or queuing in the cold I popped into Poulet Rouge, where not only had I enjoyed a fabulous dinner earlier this week (dauphinoise to die for!), but which was also most importantly empty. Perfect!! Nothing better then silence on a Saturday morning.
I'm sure other parents will agree, avoiding children on a Saturday morning is like avoiding Bees in Summer, nigh impossible, but I will continue my quest to achieve both.


I ordered myself a flat white and the Special, which was a Toffee Apple crepe and boy was it Special!! An absolute taste and texture explosion! Lazy Saturday morning tastebuds awoken with a BANG!! Sweet but tart apple that was a combination of soft mashed apple and whole pieces with the skin on, then soft cinnamon sprinkled pancake, with crumbly crumble and chewy, crunchy red honeycomb! Serious mouthgasm!! I just wanted to close my eyes and bask quietly in the moment, but alas, as soon as I sat down and ordered an influx of Saturday morning mini diners filled the once empty peace haven, so I ate and ran.

 

 Poulet Rogue is a new restaurant in Balham, opened by the guys behind Cattle Grid and i'll definitely be going back!

PR Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you been? Would you go?