Saturday 1 June 2013

BAKING: Lemon and Blueberry Layer Cake



*whispers* I've never made a layer cake before. I know.. I know... Absolutely ridiculous considering the extent of the Dessert Fetish. I've obviously eaten them, but I think i've been a little bit scared if i'm honest. Not really sure why... But there is something about a layer cake that has me a little bit dubious. 

Well I woke up this morning with layer cake on the brain after watching reruns of Great British Bake Off of course. Always spurs me into, first drooling and then the uncontrollable urge to bake.

So into the tiny kitchen (it really was made for Pixies) to create the kind of havoc that I hoped would emerge into a master piece. And that it did!!

So pleased with how this turned out. Lemon sponge and Blueberry Coulis marbled through whipped cream. Hello!! 

I really should have taken a pic of the disaster scene that is now the kitchen, but instead i'm off to find a spoon and take this bad boy to bed.

Calories... Schmalories!


PR Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you been? Would you go?