Thursday 20 February 2014

Baking, Shortbread


Love making shortbread as the results are almost immediate and my sweet tooth is very impatient.

30 minutes start to finish (if you don't chill dough in the fridge for 20 mins which I rarely do... See above re; impatience) add an extra 5 minutes if you like your mouth unburnt... On occasion in my excitement I forget that things straight out of the oven are HOT!!



I found the easiest foolproof formula for shortbread which even absent minded me can remember.
It's 2,4,6. 2oz sugar. 4oz butter. 6oz flour. Which is very easily adapted to make more or less. And then add whichever flavouring you fancy... Or not.. As the basic recipe is good just as it is. 

I made Choc Chip (top), Lemon and White Choc (left), and Peanut Butter (right). I just add flavouring to taste, mainly because raw (egg free) cookie dough is DELICIOUS!! And I get to keep tasting until I'm happy with the flavour. This has previously ended with me actually having no cookie dough to actually bake. I kid you not...

These did not last very long...

PR Xxx

2 comments:

  1. Tanya Tombison13 Feb 2014, 07:00:00

    These were to die for!!! I await my next batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon & white choc....off to make them right now!

    Lowie.x

    ReplyDelete

Have you been? Would you go?